When you start trying to piece together transaction which traverse languages you’ll need something more sophisticated to piece things together. You can get many third party tools for profiling Node.js applications, but the easiest is to use the one built in profiler.
The best tool for Node.js Express server monitoring / profiling
- Tools have recently been presented into Node.js that enables the use of this information without building v8 from source separately. The most common node.js monitoring tools are AppDynamics and New Relic. Recently Ruxit announced node.js support. These products all hint transactions and offer end user experience, and metrics from the node.js processes. Some of the differences are visualization and deployment options.
- AppDynamic supports SaaS and on premises, where the other ones are SaaS only. If you are using mobile apps both AppDynamics and New Relic will sustenance and hint from the mobile device to the node courses. You can get end-to-end visibility into your Node.js application environment and all the dependencies.
- New Relic APM service is a great one and is considered as one of the best solution for monitoring / profiling servers running Node’s Express framework. It also provides application performance management and monitoring service and is said to have more than 70 partnerships around the world.
- Ruxit is a SaaS APM tool that holistically monitors Node.js Express environment, with a foremost alteration being deprived of the high overhead and complexity seen with other tools. In less than 5 minutes, you would be able to visualize your entire Node.js environment from the real user familiarity down to the infrastructure. You can even recognize bottlecks and pinpoint obstacles on the code level. The greatest part is there is no configuration needed on your end.
- Ruxit supports the MEAN stack counting the latest node.js versions, MongoDB, Express, Angular.js, PM2 & many more. It also supports Java, .Net, Nginx, Redis, MySQL, Elastic Search etc. in case you have multiple technologies in use. Problem notifications can be sent via email or PagerDuty integration.
- Monitis is just another tool which only collects metrics, but has no transaction or real user experience. Apart from this, Keymetrics can also be used. It is more of a full platform, but lacks true APM features. Integrating Keymatrics with Pm2 will offer you web interface to monitor your application animate from anywhere.
- NetCrunch 8 is an all-in-one network, server and application monitoring suite. If you are looking for a single solution to monitoring all of your network devices, services and apps, then give it a try. It provides tech support and assists 30 days trial for your convenience.
There are number of Node.js developers and number of monitoring tools out there. The “best” monitoring tool for Node.js Express environment will truly depend on what you need and what are your preferences. There are hundreds of options available that can Server Monitoring either one part of the stack or the entire environment. The most famous among all of them are: AppD, Ruxit and New Relic.
Source by James Cloude