The file plan is the primary records management planning document. Although file plans can differ across organizations, they typically:
– Describe the kinds of items the organization acknowledges to be records.
– Describe what broader category of records the items belong to.
– Indicate where records are stored.
– Describe retention periods for records.
– Delineate who is responsible for managing the various kinds of records.
Identify kinds of records
Determining which active documents in your organization might be declarable as records requires the collaboration of records managers, lawyers, compliance officers, and content managers. Note that, even if your enterprise is not in a highly regulated industry, there are general laws that might obligate your enterprise to retain records. Along with general business laws, you must evaluate legal requirements that are specific to your enterprise.
It is beyond the scope of this article to provide more than general information about how to determine what is a record in your organization. Most likely, your enterprise is already doing some form of records management and has filled most of the records management roles that you need, and you might already have a taxonomy of records.
Generally, to determine what are records in your organization:
1. Understand your enterprise’s legal obligations and business needs.
2. In a collaborative effort across the divisions of your organization, analyze how active documents are used.
3. Develop a list of the kinds of documents that should become records. For example, you might determine that the following should be retained as records:
– Contracts to rent corporate space.
– Documents related to employees’ benefits.
– Documents related to product research and development.
4. Categorize the records. Records in the same category often have the same retention periods and might require similar treatment in other ways.
Complete the file plan
After you determine which documents should be retained as records and after you create a set of record categories, complete your file plan by providing additional information about each kind of record. Indicate the following:
1. How long each kind of record should be retained.
2. How records should be disposed of when the retention period expires.
3. Who is the primary records manager for records of this kind.
4. What kind of media are records of this kind stored in.
What is so SPECIAL on ASPHostDirectory.com Sharepoint Hosting?
We know that finding a cheap, reliable web host is not a simple task so we’ve put all the information you need in one place to help you make your decision. At ASPHostDirectory, we pride ourselves in our commitment to our customers and want to make sure they have all the details they need before making that big decision.
We will work tirelessly to provide a refreshing and friendly level of customer service. We believe in creativity, innovation, and a competitive spirit in all that we do. We are sound, honest company who feels that business is more than just the bottom line. We consider every business opportunity a chance to engage and interact with our customers and our community. Neither our clients nor our employees are a commodity. They are part of our family.
The followings are the top 10 reasons you should trust your online business and hosting needs to us:
– FREE domain for Life -ASPHostDirectory gives you your own free domain name for life with our Professional Hosting Plan and 3 free domains with any of Reseller Hosting Plan! There’s no need to panic about renewing your domain as ASPHostDirectory will automatically do this for you to ensure you never lose the all important identity of your site
– 99,9% Uptime Guarantee – ASPHostDirectory promises it’s customers 99.9% network uptime! We are so concerned about uptime that we set up our own company to monitor people’s uptime for them called ASPHostDirectory Uptime
– 24/7-based Support – We never fall asleep and we run a service that is opening 24/7 a year. Even everyone is on holiday during Easter or Christmast/New Year, we are always behind our desk serving our customers
– Customer Tailored Support – if you compare our hosting plans to others you will see that we are offering a much better deal in every aspect; performance, disk quotas, bandwidth allocation, databases, security, control panel features, e-mail services, real-time stats, and service
– Money Back Guarantee – ASPHostDirectory offers a ‘no questions asked’ money back guarantee with all our plans for any cancellations made within the first 30 days of ordering. Our cancellation policy is very simple – if you cancel your account within 30 days of first signing up we will provide you with a full refund
– Experts in Sharepoint Hosting – Given the scale of our environment, we have recruited and developed some of the best talent in the hosting technology that you are using. Our team is strong because of the experience and talents of the individuals who make up ASPHostDirectory
– Daily Backup Service – We realise that your website is very important to your business and hence, we never ever forget to create a daily backup. Your database and website are backup every night into a permanent remote tape drive to ensure that they are always safe and secure. The backup is always ready and available anytime you need it
– Easy Site Administration – With our powerful control panel, you can always administer most of your site features easily without even needing to contact for our Support Team. Additionally, you can also install more than 100 FREE applications directly via our Control Panel in 1 minute!