There are many different types of web hosting services available on the market nowdays, such as dedicated website hosting, shared hosting, reseller hosting and many others. In this article I would like to talk about managed website hosting.
What is managed hosting?
Generally speaking, managed hosting can be considered as a type of dedicated hosting and it refers to the hosting services that are administrated by the website hosting service providers. With managed hosting service, customers will have more time to focus on other things because the server administration work can be completely handled by web hosts. The hosting providers will take care of their customers' needs, configure the servers and install software for their customers.
What kind of people need managed hosting?
Managed web hosting is a type of dedicated hosting which can give you much control and flexibility, so you do not need to share the same server with other websites. Beside, if you choose managed web hosting, you do not have to worry about website issues because the web hosts will satisfy all your needs so you can spend your time growing your website or company. Therefore, this kind of hosting service is fit for the people who have limited IT knowledge and limited time.
Advantages of managed website hosting
- Choosing managed hosting service can save you a lot of time.
- As I have mentioned above, managed website hosting services always include monitoring, server updates, technical support, software installation and many others. So you do not need to worry about website building and website maintenance.
- It can also save you much money.
- Hiring a team of dedicated IT professionals to manage your website is very costly. However, if you choose managed hosting, the provider will handle all your daily needs. So this kind of service is suitable for small and medium-sized enterprises because it can help them save a lot of money.
- It can give you a high quality website.
- We know that managed web hosting belongs to dedicated hosting where the server is not shared with other websites, so it can provide customers with greater security and increased performance. Beside, your websites will be much more stable and can sustain heavy traffic if you choose this kind of service.
- It can provide you with excellent technical support.
- Your server and website will be monitored by your service provider all-day and he is able to deal with any possible issues that may arise.
Source by Sharon R Chen