There is a problem recorded with Test Drive Unlimited game. When the user starts it, it freezes and after a while crashes with an error message. You have to follow the steps given here to solve this issue.
1. Turn off background applications
2. Resolve the Registry Issues
3. Modify NVDIA Drive Files
4. Modify the Registry Keys
5. Update your Drivers
6. Clean System Junk
Turn Off Background Applications
Non vital applications running in the background may result in suddent Test Drive Unlimited crash. Close all the applications that are running in the background. It may be possible that some of them are using high memory and thus causing the problem.
Resolve the Registry Issues
To fix the problem you have to modify the registry using a Registry Cleaner program that is bundled with System Utilities software.
Modify NVDIA Drive Files
For NVDIA users, modify the NVDIA Driver files for fixing Test Drive Unlimited crash. The instructions are as follows:
1. Open My Computer.
2. Double click to open below directory:
3. Copy the file nvlddmkm.sys to your desktop temporarily.
4. Double click to open below directory:
5. Rename the file nvlddmkm.sys as nvlddmkm.sys.old
6. Click Start button.
7. Type Command Prompt in the Search box.
8. Right click it and select Run as Administrator.
9. Type the following commands one by one in the Command Prompt window:
expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys
10. Cut the file nvlddmkm.sys from your desktop to the following location:
11. After completion, restart your computer.
Modify the Registry Keys
To stop Test Drive Unlimited crash, modify your registry as shown below:
1. Click Start.
2. Type RegEdit and press ENTER.
3. Double click to expand the following registry location:
4. Click Edit | New, then DWORD (32 Bit) Value.
5. Name the DWORD as TDRLevel.
6. Enter 0 as its value.
7. Press ENTER.
Update your Drivers
Updating the drivers to the latest version may fix game crashing. You can get the latest release from the concerning manufacturer website.
Clean System Junk
Too many files stored on your computer may cause Test Drive Unlimited crash. Deleting these junk files is essential. You need to have a System Utilities software that includes System Cleaner feature.
Source by Shane Z