" Cloud computing virtualization " consists of two technologies. The first one is the cloud computing technology, and the second one is the technology of virtualization. It derived from the term virtual that means not, in reality; you can not perceive it physically.
Virtualization creates a virtual (not real) platform for something, for instance a hardware platform, an operating system, storage devices, or networked resources. With this technology, we can enhance the calculating ability of any computer and server.
Platform virtualization denotes a virtual machine that will work like a physical computer maintaining an operating system. The host machine is the real machine on which the virtualization occurs, and the guest machine is the virtual machine. With desktop virtualization client connects to the host computer with another desktop through network connections like LAN, WLAN or the Internet.
Technology of virtualization reduces costs for staff, tools and software. With some available packages where you will simply control the license necessities, you're removing the need to send specialists to install the latest update.
It has made apposite for all workloads, even network demanding and high performance applications that would have earlier experienced restricted performance on any hypervisor.
Latest technological option:
- VMware is a major and leading cloud operating system, renewing IT organizations into a private cloud. It consist of features like high availability, superior performance and cost-effective services are very much helpful for Small and medium businesses. It is to serve the necessities of the industries that need production-level performance and reliability.
What is cloud computing storage?
As according to the definition in Wikipedia: Cloud Storage is a prototype of networked online storage where the data is kept in virtualized pools of storage that are normally hosted by the third parties. Hosting providers run huge data centers and users who need server for hosting their data can lease or buy storage space. The operators in the data center can virtualize the assets indicating to the requirements from the client, and used by them for storing files or data. Tangibly, the resource may extend across multiple servers.
Services related to storage are accessed through three ways:
1. Web service application programming interface
2. Cloud storage gateway
3. Web-based user interface.
There are many advantages enjoyed by a user while using cloud computing storage services:
1. Users typically pay for the storage space used.
2. Companies and users do not have to buy huge priced data center or storage devices.
3. Service providers will look after works related to Storage maintenance such as, data backup, replication of data, and buying extra storage devices.
4. Instant access to a wide-range of data and applications hosted on the server of another organization with a web service interface.
With all these methods, your investment in IT is properly administrated. With the help of cloud, data is kept externally in a secure place along with regular backups.
Here, the need of cloud computing Virtualization and storage is very much necessary in any organization may it is small or big. The plethora of services provided by these technologies is just unimaginable, and we should try these services before comment upon these services about their merits and demerits.
Source by Raul Turner