Management of educational institutions has always been a reason of deep concern for people associated with it. Initially, there were limited options for the management as most of the admin tasks had to be done manually. With the introduction of ERP software, the system has changed drastically on the positive side. ERP software has been used in various fields, and when it was applied to the field of education, the results were striking. Discussed below are some worthy reasons to use ERP software for college management system.
1. Reducing the work load: Human resource power of any organization functions better when the work load at every job is minimized. With ERP, manual tasks related to regular paper work gets reduced to just recording of data. With reduced work load, the management will be happier with the output from employees than before.
2. Increasing productivity: The right use of ERP software will increase the productivity of a college to a large extent. Some of these software systems are based on the regular output of work, and hence, the management can enforce discipline across every department for regularity and output, which will translate into improved productivity.
3. Better control: ERP software is designed to empower management to have better control on all functions. Such a system will integrate all functions including payroll, accounts, canteen, inventory, student’s channels, etc. under one wing. The management will be able to regulate and control each function without much inconvenience.
4. Security of data and records: It is essential for the management to have a system that will store data on a secure platform, and that’s what ERP software offers. Most ERP systems set up unique web based server that records all transactions and ensures that data is secured to the best possible extent.
5. Real time reports: Gone are times when manual report generation was used in educational institutions. Today, the management can do everything on ERP, which itself is an inbuilt system for generating reports. Many types of real time reports can be generated from such software anytime during the financial year.
6. Better student relations: A college that is managed on ERP will witness better relations with students. ERP software acts like a virtual platform for students and management alike, and there are fewer chances of miscommunication. Students can get all information regarding college activities and exams right through the software. As for the college management, they get the option of announcing things on a tested virtual platform.
However, ERP software benefits are much dependent on the development of the software. Some software companies have launched such innovative software that may totally change the face of college management system. There are numerous technical modules that can be added for increasing the efficiency of the college on an overall platform. The management, however, needs to check and investigate as how such software can work for an educational institution. ERP software systems must be easy to understand, configure and customize for all functions and departments within a college.
Source by Ashok Dinda